Adding A Video To A Page (or Blog Post) On Your Website
If you wish to embed a YouTube video right on a page in your website, follow the steps below:
- Go to a video on YouTube
- Click "Share"
- Click "Embed"
- Click into the embed code provided, this will highlight it, then click COPY
- In a separate browser tab, login to your website (yourwebsite.com/login)
- Click EDIT MY WEBSITE
- Go to the page (or blog post) you wish to edit
- Click EDIT THIS PAGE
- Click into the area that you wish to embed the video
- Click the "Embed" icon
- Paste in the embed code you copied earlier
- Click "Embed This"
- Click SAVE THIS PAGE
How to disable auto-resizing of videos on responsive themes
In our responsive themes, such as Katana and Shinobi, we automatically resize videos to fit the full width of the area they're embedded into. This can be disabled on a per-video basis by wrapping a special piece of code around the embed code that YouTube provides.
You'll want to add this piece of code BEFORE the youtube embed code:
And this piece of code AFTER the youtube embed code:
So it looks something like this:
<div class="ignorevid"> <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PRDtRTuMZtM" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe> </div>
Please get in touch with us if you need a hand with this. We are happy to do it for you!
On Google Drive
If you wish to embed a video from Google Drive, please follow these steps:
1) Create Folder in Google Drive
2) Drag Videos to the folder
3) Click on "Get Shareable Link"
Hover over the video you wish to share. Right click on the video and select 'Get Shareable Link'
4) Launch Video
Double click on Video Icon
5) Embed Item
Select the 3 vertical dots to get the link
6) Paste embed link into the embed icon in the backend of your RealtyNinja site
This is the "embed" icon
7) Click 'Save'