Setting Up Google Search Console (Formerly Webmaster Tools)
Google Search Console (Formerly called Webmaster Tools) provides you with detailed reports about your pages' visibility on Google.
Here's how to set it up:
- Visit https://search.google.com/search-console and sign in with your Google Account or create a new one following their instructions.
- Register your website via the forms provided (follow their on-screen instructions)
- Verify your site via the "Add a Meta Tag" option by copying the value that looks like "2Ic6Q_D5HoRgpqQF4MSKqJKDD4HllTYbl5hIBzwmPi0"
- Login to your website (yourwebsite.com/login)
- Click SETTINGS
- Click SEO & GOOGLE OPTIONS
- Paste in the "Google Site Verification ID" into the field provided (in the "Google Search Console" setting)
- Click APPLY CHANGES