Enabling Comments On Your Blog
You can allow your website visitors to comment on your blog posts through a free service called DISQUS.
To enable this feature, make sure your blog is activated then follow the steps below:
- Sign up for a free DISQUS account by visiting https://disqus.com/admin/signup/
- Fill in the required fields (site name, etc.)
- Click FINISH REGISTRATION
- When it asks for your platform, choose UNIVERSAL CODE (at the very bottom)
- It will present you with an embed code, we don't need the full code.. we're just looking for one specific part called your "shortname". See the screenshot below for how to find your shortname.
In this case, the shortname we're looking for would be "dream-home-agent".
- COPY just your "shortname", or write it down somewhere as we will need it in the following steps
- In a new browser tab, login to your website (yourwebsite.com/login)
- Click SETTINGS
- Click BLOG SETTINGS
- Type in (or paste) the shortname you copied earlier, into the BLOG COMMENTS field provided
- Click APPLY CHANGES
- If everything worked properly, you should now see a comments section at the bottom of all your blog posts. Make sure to click into an individual blog post to see it.
Note: You will be using DISQUS to moderate all your blog comments and they have extensive features for approving/rejecting comments, marking as spam, setting up notifications, etc