How to Use Google Analytics to Track Lead Events on Your Website
Google Analytics has built-in event tracking that automatically works with your RealtyNinja website. You can use it to track when the following lead events happened on your website:
- Listing leads from the "request more info" and "request a showing" forms shown on listing pages
- Building leads from the "request more info" forms shown on building pages
- Contact form leads from any form widget on your website (contact form, buyers form, sellers form)
- Account creation leads from users that register for an account on your website (including VOW accounts)
- MLS Email alert subscription leads from users that subscribe to an MLS search on your website
- Blog post sharing activity (powered by addthis.com)
How to view lead events in Google Analytics
2. Once logged in, click "Behavior > Events > Top Events" on the left menu.
3. Set the date range via the calendar picker on the top right. Pick a time-frame where you'd like to view the events that occurred on your website.
4. From there, click "Lead Form"
Note: this will only show if you've had lead events on your website during the timeframe specified.
5. Click on "Submit".
6. All lead events that occurred on the website during the timeframe specified will be displayed.
The "Event Label" column will contain the URL of the page where the lead event took place.
In the example below we can see:
- The contact form on the "contact us" page was submitted 28 times
- 3 MLS email alerts we're subscribed to
- Certain listings were inquired about
- The buyers form on the "buy" page was submitted once
Based on these events you can set up conversion goals using the Goals tab (under "Conversions") but that's beyond the scope of this help doc.
If you're working with an online marketing company or you need detailed event tracking to go even further, we recommend using Google Tag Manager and following this guide.